Cardiac surgeons and thoracic surgeons at Conroe Regional Medical Center are highly skilled in caring for patients with cardiovascular disease. We offer a variety of surgical treatment options in our state-of-the-art facility, including:
- Coronary artery bypass – Using a blood vessel from the patient’s own body, surgeons bypass blocked arteries that are obstructing blood flow to the heart.
- Open-heart surgery – When minimally-invasive procedures are not an option, surgeons open the chest cavity using the most advanced-techniques available.
- Valve repair/replacement – There are four valves in the heart that open and close to let blood flow in one direction only. If any of them are damaged by a defect, disease or illness, surgeons repair or replace the valve(s).
- Arrhythmia surgery – For the treatment of atrial fibrillation, a condition in which there is an irregularity in the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat.
- Arterial aneurysms – Surgery for the treatment of abdominal or thoracic aortic aneurysms, which can be life threatening.
- Pulmonary surgery, including:
- Collapsed lung
- Removal of fluid, infection, blood clot or tumor