Conroe Regional Medical Center and The Heart & Vascular Institute strongly believe in the importance of educating the community about heart health. We are available for presentations and screenings, whether it’s at your place of business, church, organization, or association.
We are also a supporter of the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women initiative. Women continue to be underdiagnosed or misdiagnosed, yet several facts prove there is a need for education, including:
- Coronary heart disease, which causes heart attack, is the single leading cause of death for American women.
- Worldwide, 8.6 million women die from heart disease each year, accounting for a third of all deaths in women.
- 71 percent of women experience early warning signs of heart attack with sudden onset of extreme weakness that feels like the flu, and often no chest pain at all.
- Nearly two-thirds of deaths from heart attacks in women occur among those who have no history of chest pain.
- Men's plaque distributes in clumps, whereas women’s distributes more evenly throughout artery walls. This may result in women's angiographic studies being misinterpreted as normal.
To arrange for a screening or presentation on heart health, please call 936-539-7768.