Whether big or small, cuts, scrapes, and lacerations are generally just a nuisance. You might put on a bandage or apply a dressing, and let your body do the healing from within.
But for millions of Americans, that healing process is interrupted, leading to chronic, non-healing wounds. Underlying conditions such as diabetes, vascular disorders, traumatic injuries, pressure sores or surgery may further contribute to a delay in healing.
The Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine at Conroe Regional Medical Center is staffed by a team of physicians, nurses, and technologists certified in advanced wound care. Our services include:
- Debridement, to improve the healing potential of healthy tissue.
- Vacuum-assisted wound closure/negative-pressure wound therapy, to promote and enhance healing.
- Bioengineered tissue replacement therapy, to reduce the need for skin grafts.
- Lymphedema management and compression therapy, to encourage rapid healing and prevent recurrence.
- Off-loading or casting, to limit the use of an ulcerative foot.
- Ostomy care, to protect the stoma and prevent infection.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT).
Our clinical approach is focused on rapid healing while exploring the underlying causes of delayed wound healing.
The Center for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine is open 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, please call 936-539-7035.