The Academies at Conroe Regional Medical Center are conducted on a fluctuating schedule to meet the demands of staffing, patient care, and professional development.
Graduate Nurse Academy
This is an evidence-based clinical program, designed by nurses for nurses to aide in the transition from a novice practitioner into a competent nursing professional. For the seasoned registered nurse, the program offers opportunity for career enhancement to further develop independent professional expertise in areas of personal interest. We are dedicated to providing our staff with the continued clinical experience and advanced study needed to provide optimal levels of health or wellness to individuals, families and groups.
Graduate Nurse Academy Scope of Program
- Nine weeks of didactic and hands-on learning, including:
- Simulation labs — patient and computer
- Observation rotations through hospital departments
- IV Practice in Day Surgery
- Monthly debriefing sessions
- Continuing education units
- Trained clinical preceptors to provide constant bedside instruction
The IMU Academy provides graduate and experienced nurses with the tools they need to succeed on the Intermediate Medical Unit. It is a structured curriculum consisting of didactic and simulation experiences designed to advance clinical skills and knowledge. The didactic portion includes:
- Advanced EKG interpretation
- Level 3 medication administration
- Post coronary artery bypass graft
- Cardiac cauterization recovery
Simulation labs include management of advanced cardio-pulmonary disease, trauma and neurosciences.
Critical Care Academy
The Critical Care Academy at Conroe Regional Medical Center is a 12-week program consisting of 8-weeks of didactic and computer based training, followed by 4-weeks of clinical training by a designated clinical coach. The didactic portion includes:
- Skills lab
- Case studies
- Opportunity to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) will be used for the computer portion of the training.