Vascular labs are for the non-invasive testing of blood vessels. The lab at Conroe Regional Medical Center is accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. We provide:
- Echocardiograms – an ultrasound to view all four chambers of the heart, valves, and blood vessels.
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound – an ultrasound to locate blockages and abnormal valves outside of the heart and brain.
- Stress echo testing – an ultrasound that shows how well the heart muscles are pumping blood throughout the body; performed while on a treadmill or exercise bike.
- Venous mapping – an ultrasound to map veins in the leg; helpful in locating blockages or determining which blood vessels may be viable for a bypass procedure.
- Carotid flow evaluation – an assessment of blood flow from the two main arteries that carry blood to the head and neck; sometimes ordered before cardiovascular surgical procedures such as coronary bypass, heart valve repair, or replacement.